Exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells that collect on the outer surface of the skin. Dead skin cells are buffed off with an abrasive or enzymatic substance.
For your face I suggest a gentle exfoliant, such as our Mask Exfoliator which contains fruit enzymes to gently exfoliate removing dead skin cells and adding essential antioxidants to improve general skin health. Be cautious of anything containing nut shells as some are too abrasive on the skin and can cause damage.
If you have dry, sensitive skin exfoliate once to twice a week, if you have combination skin, a few times a week is recommended. If you have oily skin 3-4 times a week or more will produce great results and help prevent breakouts.
Be sure not to over do it, pay attention to your skin and how it feels.
Five Benefits of Exfoliating your Skin:
- Exfoliating keeps the skin soft and glowing
- Buffing the dead skin away will keep your pores from clogging, keeping acne under control
- Exfoliating speeds up your skins natural renewal process and helps your moisturiser penetrate into the skin deeper
- Removal of dead skin cells help with skin discoloration (uneven tone and pigmentation)
- Regular exfoliation leads to visibly brighter skin and it helps soften fine lines and wrinkles.